Thursday, April 15, 2010

the beginning

Last year, my very close and very personal friend, Lisa D. tore her ACL. While she was recovering and stuck in bed for days, my mom (Alyson) and I brought her tons of delicious baked goods from a lovely bakery called Flour. But that's not what this story is about, I mention it because when she had all of this time to lounge in her bed with a crazy ass machine attached to her knee, she started a blog. Since she's a registered dietitian, it made sense that it was all about food. And since I'm not registered for anything and currently unemployed, mine will be about whatever I feel like.

For example I have tons of material just from today: the madness that is Berkeley Bowl, Nicole (one of my roommates) making hummus not with a few cloves of garlic, but putting three entire garlic bulbs in a batch, or when I broiled asparagus until smoke came out of the oven. And this is just about food. There's also a lovely and loud conversation I had with my mom (Alyson), and when Sam (The Boy) called mid-way though me writing this to suggest that I start a blog.

I'll start slow. Don't want to scare anyone off just yet, but this is just the beginning.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you deciding to join the bloggerverse... Yay for blogging!

    -E

    ReplyDelete